Friday 3 August 2012

Music has charms to sooth a savage beast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.

I long to be able to put up photos but my computer illiteracy stops me..I will ask someone with a little know how to help me soon but for now you’ll have to do without and instead call upon your imagination to picture the MOST beautiful flowers I installed into a house on Saxe Coburg Place today. The house is stunning and I was allowed a free reign on the flowers so went for gorgeous blowsy Sarah Bernhardt peonies with green hydrangeas tinged with pink, bupleurem, pale pink spray roses, heavenly scented stocks and a concoction of soft spring greenery.
My travels took me to Pitlochry today with Tori, Bridget and Tinkerdog to deliver a beautiful antique dresser which Tori had worked her magic on, to a lady who is opening a shop selling gifts and accessories. The newly renovated shop smelt of fresh paint and freshly sanded wood, Vicki, the keeper of it, had a sparkle of excitement in her eye about her new business, we chatted about her plans and I left with a spring in my step thinking about my next tread..
Next week it is the launch party of Tattie Rose Flowers and to say I am a bit nervous is just about the biggest under statement of the year but at the same time I am quite excited. All my wonderful friends and family are coming and I get to make flowers which are EXTRAORDINARY! Jaws are going to drop when all our guests see what the Tattie Rose team is going to create, but along with beautiful flowers and food and drink there is going to be beautiful music…enter Clea Friend.
Some of the most significant people in my life I seem to have stumbled across under unusual circumstances, and I love and support the theory of ‘friends at first sight’. When I was looking for somewhere to live in January I looked at a few flats that were for sale as well as for rent, one of these flats was down in the enchanting Colonies of Stockbridge. Clea was the tenant in this lovely flat and showed me around it with her sparkling little girl Maisie. The flat was not right (subsidence- Nightmare!)

but I left the flat knowing that when I moved up to Edinburgh I would have a Friend. When I was a little girl I fell in love with the cello and had lessons on the instrument we hired and named Celeste, perhaps this is what drew me to Clea- ‘birds of a feather’ and all that jazz. Clea is the most incredibly gifted musician and her chosen instrument is the Cello. Second to Maisie it appears music is the heart beat in Clea’s life, it flows through her and, through osmosis when you are around her you seem to feel and sense the rythm even when there’s no sound. She has played all over the world for some of the most prestigious orchestras and when she plays you can’t help but stop and listen to the deep soulful sound she and this beautiful instrument produce as it sends shivers down your spine.
Clea seems to be quite a pillar of the musical scene in Edinburgh, she is the founder of Artisan which is a group of people all with different skills in the arts, but which started with a group of muscians. She also teaches budding muscians privately and is involved in various different missions and schemes including the amazing Tinderbox Project. The Tinderbox project brings together young adults between the ages of 13 and 22 and nurtures their musical skills, allowing them to play, learn and experience contemporary music in it’s many different forms. Jack Nissan, the Director has a dedication which I admire and his gentle charisma makes you feel quite humble. Him and his team of tutors, including Clea seem to have a passion for the music and the bright young sparks they work with and help, they inspire and encourage and their spirit is infectious. They have reignited the musical spark in me and as I’m pretty sure all my friends are sick of hearing me play ‘The House of The Rising Sun’ and ‘Fast Car’ (the only 2 songs I can remember from my guitar playing days) I signed myself up for lessons and today I had my second one- Harry, my teacher has the patience of a saint and doesn’t seem to mind that I turn up looking like I have been dragged through a hedge… keeper x

1 comment:

  1. Flower tattoo designs are one of the most popular tattoo designs for women. With more and more women getting tattoos these days, floral tattoos have become very prominent. Women find colorful floral tattoo designs extremely attractive and it enhances their natural beauty.

    funeral flowers toronto

    ReplyDelete