Friday 3 August 2012

WeDo Scotland

Those of a creative nature might find as I do that their skills lie in the practical sides of life and when it comes to the more administrative tasks a dark cloud settles and chaos begins to unravel… so another resolution was to try and remedy this aversion I had to all things computer and paperwork related. Not only DID the prospect of getting my head down and doing paperwork hold about about as much excitement as watching paint dry, when anyone so much as muttered the word ‘networking’ I would start shuffling, stuttering and panicking…until I met Belinda. Belinda is the beautiful face, founder and driving force behind WeDO Scotland, an incredible organisation which connects, supports and innovates business’ and entrepreuners. I met Belinda at a dinner party with the TLC girls, where I was seriously over excited about the recent auction purchase of an outrageously revolting 80′s style shoulder padded pink velvet dress which I paraded around in, and amazingly despite my hideous attire Belinda invited me to join WeDO. A few weeks later as I walked along George Street heading for Tiger Lily and my first ever networking event organised by WeDO my legs turned to jelly and the usual panic began to set in… what do I say? How do I network? What if I choke on a canape mid business pitch to someone very important? I tentatively shuffled in and immediatly my worries evaporated, a delicious pink cocktail was thrust into my hand and Holly and Celia from TLC (well hardened networkers) introduced me to various other weDO members, all entrepreuners, all on a similar path (alot further ahead) and all with the same passion for what they do. Beautiful Belinda has become not only a friend but I feel I have a little place under her wing, her encouragement, knowledge and support has helped me and Tattie Rose reach the next step on the ladder and I encourage all other entrepreuners who may stumble across this blog to look up WeDO Scotland and perhaps you may too be lucky enough to find a little spot under it and Belinda’s wing.
The sun is shining, I’m going to go and bask. x

No comments:

Post a Comment