Friday 3 August 2012

The Naughty Blogger- continued

 

Now I love flora and fauna more than most but even I will admit that reading purely about hydrangeas and hellebores will tire and I can promise that if reading doesn’t do that then writing about it will so I will write this blog as a story of a girl, a young business, a city and it’s folk.
Within moments of setting foot in the city I was introduced to three girls who like myself run their own company… Enter Holly Jones, Lucie Hardie and Celia Graham of the Lifestyle Company Scotland. Now these girls are not only angels but are also three of the most inspiring people I have met. The girls are a few miles ahead on a path that is similar to the one I have started. They had an idea and saw a gap and they have drawn upon all their individual skills to start a company with a unique concept, which grows week on week and they nurture that growth with determination and passion. Since the big move North the girls have encouraged, advised and been great friends and I am eternally grateful for their support.
Through this trio of entrepreneurs I was introduced to a delightful young lady who works for The Edinburgh Military Tattoo and within days of our meeting I was summoned into the Tattoo office to discuss flowers for an event which The Princess Royal would be attending. A week later I dropped my precious delivery of blooms off and returned to the Tattie Rose Workshop to sit and wait nervously for a reaction. The response far exceeded my wildest dreams and there is more on this story to come…
I will leave with you a little thing I read the other day and like a lot
“Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway” Mary Kay Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment