Friday 3 August 2012

The Naughty Blogger- part 1

The Naughty Blogger

It is May the 10th, thus why this post is named ‘The naughty Blogger’.. I promised myself on the Great Drive North in February from Dorset to Edinburgh that my ‘new business Resolution’ would be to write a blog every day, full of witty anecdotes and flower stories, quickly I settled on once a week being a more realistic target. Now, it is May the 10th and I write my first real blog;
A Flower Company, a girl, a city and it’s folk…
In August 2011, I sat on the battlements of Edinburgh castle with a cup of tea watching the city wake up and pondering where I would set up the business and project I had dreamed about for so long… 2 days later I had announced to my friends and family that I was moving..to Edinburgh..on my own..to set up Tattie Rose Flowers.
Bridget (the transit van and vital team member) and I spent a long old February day battling through the rain up the M6 to take over and move into the old barn which was soon to be transformed into the Tattie Rose Headquarters and workshop. It sits in the middle of the Dalmeny House Estate on the edge of Edinburgh and in my humble opinion- as far as work shops go- it is one of the best, a stone built beamed and raftered atelier oozing charm and history. I was quickly welcomed by new neighbours who whilst helping unload, hammer and build regaled me with hilarious stories, and by the end of the day Bridget was relieved of her burden and my workbenches were beginning to take shape. I took myself down to the beach, sat on a log, pulled my hood over my head against the wind and thought of the task I had set myself.. to bring flowers with a difference to a city I love but do not know well, to break boundaries and make a mark on an industry which is competitive and snooty and to have a flipping good time doing it and so the adventure begun…

No comments:

Post a Comment